Coordinator, Tutoring & Writing Center
The Division of Academic Affairs at Rollins College is seeking an experienced professional to join the team. The Coordinator of the Tutoring & Writing Center has overall administrative responsibility for the operation of the TWC. This includes training and providing pedagogical support to peer-writing consultant; overseeing the work of the Associate Coordinator for Subject Tutoring (hires, trains, supervises and evaluates the work of peer educators in writing); and seeking effective ways to integrate TWC operations with other academic support services of the College.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (Rhetoric and/or Composition Studies, English, Applied Linguistics, Language and Literacy); Ph.D. or Ed.D preferred and ABD candidates will be considered
- Experience working in a writing center (or a related academic support center) or training and supervising peer educators
- Experience working one-on-one with students on writing and/or advanced-language acquisition in English
- Experience teaching first-year writing in English (especially ESL/ELL/international or cross-cultural sections)
- Ability to supervise staff and student employees, as well as manage and lead change in a dynamic academic environment
- An appreciation for the liberal arts and commitment to teaching students in an interdisciplinary, multicultural academic setting
Rollins College is a comprehensive, liberal arts college located just north of Orlando, Florida, a diverse metropolitan community with a thriving economic and cultural scene. Nearby, Orlando International Airport provides easy access to U.S. and international destinations. The College emphasizes innovative and quality teaching in small classes and ranks number one among 121 Southern master’s-level universities in the annual rankings of “America’s Best Colleges,” released by U.S. News & World Report. Visit the College website at www.rollins.edu.
Rollins College offers a generous benefits package featuring comprehensive health coverage, retirement savings plan with generous employer contribution and full tuition waiver after one year for employees, spouses, domestic partners and dependents.
Candidates may apply online directly through the Rollins College employment website.
Apply link: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/777/cw/en-us/job/492820/coordinator-tutoring-writing-center
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are encouraged to apply.