Seeking a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor of English in Professional and Technical Writing.
- Teach professional, technical, and first-year writing classes as well as upper-level rhetoric and composition courses in the English major
- Develop new courses for an existing minor in professional and technical writing
- Maintain a standard teaching load of 4/4 with a mix of face-to-face and online classes
- Potential for an applicant with the right experience to eventually coordinate first-year or professional writing (Additional administrative duties come with appropriate release time)
- Participate in scholarship and engage in service to the Department and Park University
- Ph.D. from an accredited institution of higher education in professional and technical writing and/or rhetoric and composition with specialization in professional and technical writing
- Evidence of successful teaching of professional, technical, and/or first-year writing courses
- Experience with teaching and designing online courses
- Experience working with diverse student populations
- Experience designing new courses in professional and technical writing
- Experience in writing program administration
Park University has an excellent benefits package including health and life insurance, retirement plan, and tuition paid undergraduate classes for employees and dependents. Qualified applicants should upload a cover letter, curriculum vita, transcripts, and 3 letters of recommendation (at least 2 of which emphasize teaching proficiency). Review of applications will begin on November 19, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled. To apply: go here:
Park University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.
Questions about the position can be directed to: Dr. Silvia Byer, Chair of English and Modern Languages and Dr. Stacey Kikendall Assistant Professor of English, Search Committee Co-Chairs, Dept. of English and Modern Languages – firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com