Teacher 2 Teacher at CCCC
We invite colleagues to participate in the 2019 Teacher to Teacher (T2T), a Saturday CCCC forum on teaching practices. T2T provides anyone invested in writing pedagogy (full-time, post-doc, part-time, graduate, undergraduate, and aspiring educators) a dedicated space as part of the Convention to discuss teaching, exchange and brainstorm ideas for classroom practice, and receive mentoring from colleagues.
- Promote innovative writing pedagogies
- Share examples of effective writing projects (informal and formal)
- Network with colleagues across institutional homes and programs
- Build community with similarly interested colleagues
- Bridge the divide between college and high school writing teachers
- Learn from innovative writing educators teaching a wide range of student populations and who represent diverse institutional settings.
- Consider professional and instructor development ideas and strategies for adjuncts and GTAs
Possible Practice-based presentation topics include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assignment and Activities: research-focused informal and formal writing projects, digital projects, blending narrative, group work, reading, in-class work
- Lesson Plans: on structure, academic synthesis, metadiscourse, logic
- Classroom Management: growing participation and engagement, record keeping, knowing your students, responding to essays and projects, best practices in peer review
Discussion Tables: tables will be organized thematically with 5-7 minute presentations of the teaching idea/issue and handouts to share. Table leaders will facilitate discussion.
Registration: The forum is free to CCCC full convention registrants or Saturday registrants.
To submit a proposal visit our Web site: https://sites.google.com/udel.edu/teacher2teacher/
Submission Deadline: 11:59 p.m., Thursday, December 20, 2018
Presentation acceptances will be announced by Tuesday, January 15, 2019.
Notes: Presenters must register for the CCCC full (or Saturday-only) convention to present and have their names listed as a speaking role in the Convention book and on the T2T program.
Questions? Please feel encouraged to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Christine Cucciarre and Lee Nickoson
Dr. Christine Peters Cucciarre (Cooch-a-ray)
Director of Composition
Associate Professor of English
305 Memorial Hall
University of Delaware
Newark DE 19716