Writing Center Director--San Antonio College
The English Department of San Antonio College (San Antonio, Texas) is looking for a Director to start-up its new Writing Center in the Fall of 2008. The position is a tenure-track position.
Job Title: Instructional Faculty-English/Writing Center
1. Teach at least one three-hour English course per semester.
2. Oversee and assess writing center's instructional programs.
3. Hire, teach, and evaluate faculty and graduate student tutors as facilitatiors of small-group and one-to-one writing instruction.
4. Offer writing across the curriculum consultation and workshop instruction.
5. Teach writing instruction workshops in the classroom and the writing center.
6. Coordinate with faculty to serve all instructional programs that require writing.
7. Design and implement online tutoring program.
8. Develop instructional handouts and other curricular materials.
Master's degree in English or a Master's degree with at least 18 graduate hours in English.
Earned doctorate in English, Rhetoric and Composition, or Writing Center Studies.
One year experience working in a writing center (tutorial and administrative); two years experience teaching developmental and transfer-level composition courses experience; ability to interact effectively with faculty and students from developmental, academic, and professional/technical areas.
Five years experience working in a writing center (tutorial and administrative); three years experience teaching developmental and transfer-level composition courses; experience working with community college students or other diverse populations; knowledge of writing across the curriculum; experience working in an online environment with teaching and/or tutoring.
The application deadline is May 9, 2008
To apply for this position, visit the ACCD People Link site:
Search for Requisition Number: 081391
Feel free to contact Lennie Irvin (firstname.lastname@example.org) with queries.