WPA-GO (Writing Program Administrators--Graduate Organization) works with the CWPA (Council of Writing Program Administrators) to support WPA preparation for graduate students and strengthen connections between graduate students and professional WPAs by providing the following:
- Awards, funding, and grants for conference travel and organizational service;
- Mentoring with scholar-professionals across various institutions;
- Networking with other graduate students across various institutions;
- Professional development experience in organizational administration and service at the national level;
- Resources for and opportunities to learn about anti-bias writing program administration and writing assessment;
- Attention to writing instruction, assessment, and program administration using the lens of social justice, including (but not limited to) perspectives that address racial justice, feminist, queer, decolonial, and disability frameworks.
WPA-GO is committed to fostering an equitable community.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please review our newly restructured bylaws (ratified 9.3.15) or check out our most recent newsletter (from Cs in Kansas City). Both of these documents are found at the bottom of this page.
WPA-GO members are encouraged to join CWPA--graduate student membership is $20/year, with all benefits of membership, including a subscription to the journal WPA: Writing Program Administration. WPA-GO membership does not require additional fees. All members of CWPA are welcome to join WPA-GO and are encouraged to participate.
To officially join WPA-GO and receive updates, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with “Join” in the subject line.
You may also stay updated or join our conversations by liking the WPA-GO Facebook page.
CWPA Graduate Committee
WPA-GO is administered by the CWPA's Graduate Committee (GC) of officers elected by the graduate student body:
- Mandy Macklin (Chair), University of Washington, Seattle
- Clare Russell (Vice Chair), Wayne State University
- Virginia Schwarz (Past Chair), University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Amy Cicchino, Florida State University
- Morgan Hanson, Middle Tennessee State University
- Kristen Ruccio, Georgia State University
- Carolyne King, University of Delaware
- Sarah Snyder, Arizona State University
- Master's Degree Representative: Jaquelyn Davis, University of Nevada--Reno
- Diversity/Outreach Committee Chair: Sherri Craig, Purdue University
The GC is supported by the following faculty mentors who are involved with WPA-GO initiatives:
- CWPA Executive Board: Susan Miller-Cochran, University of Arizona
- CWPA Mentoring Project: Joe Janangelo, Loyola University--Chicago
Thank You to Our Sponsors (past and present)
- Bedford/St. Martin's (Macmillan)
- Council of Writing Program Administrators
- Illinois State University Writing Program
- Parlor Press
- State University of New York (SUNY) Press
- Stipes Publishing
- Utah State University Press