Call for Applications: 2014 CCCC Graduate Student Travel Grants
The Writing Program Administrators Graduate Student Organization (WPA-GO) & the Council of Writing Program Administrators (CWPA) are pleased to offer at least six travel grants of $100 each (plus admission to the CWPA Breakfast at CCCC) to current graduate students presenting at or in association with the 2014 Conference on College Composition & Communication, to be held March 19-22 in Indianapolis, IN.
Eligibility & Special Considerations:
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- be current graduate students enrolled in a master’s or doctoral program at an accredited institution;
- be members of the Council of Writing Program Administrators by January 15, 2014. (For information about how to join CWPA, go to http://wpacouncil.org/join-renew.);
- not have received a WPA-GO CCCC’s travel grant in the previous year;
be presenting (at) or facilitating one of the following:
- CCCC Annual Convention Session or Workshop, Research Network Forum, or Computer Connection Short Presentation or Workshop;
- ATTW Conference Panel Presentation, Poster Presentation, Workshop, or Research Methods Workshop;
- IWCA Collaborative Workshop, Roundtable, Writing Circle, Fishbowl Conversation, Round Robin Discussion, or Works-in-Progress Workshop.
Special consideration will be given to first-time attendees, applicants in greatest need of financial support, & at least one applicant whose letter of application meets the criteria below while also showing relevance to the 2014 CCCC theme, “Open Source(s), Access, Futures.”
Deadline, Submission Procedure, & Application Materials:
Travel grant applications are due by January 15, 2014. Applicants should email the following documents in a single PDF file attachment to email@example.com with the subject “2014 CCCC Travel Grant Application”:
- Cover page with applicant’s name, institution, phone number, email, & 2014 presentation or workshop title. Indicate whether this is the first time you have attended CCCC, whether you have received a WPA-GO Travel Grant in the past, & whether you have received or expect to receive other sources of funding.
- One-page letter of application explaining (a) your investment in writing program administration, (b) how your participation will impact your scholarly & professional development, & (c) how your presentation/facilitation contributes to the field of writing program administration. Do not include identifying information in your letter of application (e.g. your name, advisor, program, institution, etc.).
- Copy of your 2014 proposal as submitted for acceptance. (If you are presenting/facilitating with a group, please be sure that you have indicated the portion of the proposal that represents your participation.)
Recipients will be notified by March 1 & will receive a check & certificate of recognition during the CWPA Breakfast at CCCC. Email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.