Call for Applications: 2016 CCCCs Graduate Student Travel Grants due 1/22
Call for Applications: 2016 CCCC Graduate Student Travel Grants due 1/22
The Writing Program Administrators Graduate Student Organization (WPA-GO) & the Council of Writing Program Administrators (CWPA) are pleased to offer several travel grants of $100-200 each to current graduate students presenting at or in association with the 2016 Conference on College Composition & Communication to be held April 6-9 in Houston, Texas. We’re interested in why you feel you deserve/need an award, what your goals are in attending/presenting at the conference, and if you are presenting, hearing a little about your presentation and how it contributes to the field of WPA work.
Eligibility & Special Considerations
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be current graduate students enrolled in a master’s or doctoral program at an accredited institution;
- Be members of the Council of Writing Program Administrators by January 15, 2016. (For information about how to join CWPA, go to http://wpacouncil.org/join-renew.);
- Not have received a WPA-GO CCCCs travel grant in the previous year;
- Be presenting at or facilitating one of the following:
- CCCC Annual Convention Session or Workshop, Research Network Forum, Qualitative Research Forum, or Computer Connection Short Presentation or Workshop;
- ATTW Conference Panel or Poster Presentation, Workshop, or Research Methods Workshop;
- IWCA Collaborative Workshop, Roundtable, Writing Circle, Fishbowl Conversation, Round Robin Discussion, or Works-in-Progress Workshop.
Special consideration will be given to first-time attendees, applicants in greatest need of financial support, and those whose applications relate to the 2016 CCCC theme, “Writing Strategies for Action.” We encourage institutional, topical, and demographic diversity, and invite all who are eligible to apply. Please go to http://wpacouncil.org/wpa-go for more information about the categories of awards offered.
Deadline, Submission Procedure, & Application Materials
Travel grant applications are due by January 22, 2016. Applicants should email the following documents in a single PDF file attachment to email@example.com with the subject “2016 CCCC Travel Grant Application”:
- Cover page with applicant’s name, institution, phone number, email, and 2016 presentation or workshop title. Indicate whether this is the first time you have attended CCCC, whether you have received a WPA-GO Travel Grant in the past, and whether you have received or expect to receive other sources of funding.
- One-page letter of application explaining (a) your investment in writing program administration, (b) how your participation in this conference will impact your scholarly & professional development, and (c) how your presentation/facilitation contributes to the field of writing program administration. Do not include identifying information in your letter of application (e.g. your name, advisor, program, institution).
- Copy of your 2016 proposal as submitted for acceptance. If you are presenting with a group, indicate which portion of the proposal represents your participation.
Recipients will be notified by March 4 and will receive a check and certificate of recognition during the CWPA Reception at CCCCs. Please email any questions to Travel Award Committee Chair Mary McCall (firstname.lastname@example.org).