Instructor or Lecturer in Technical Communication at the University of Central Florida
The Department of English is seeking to hire a nine-month, non-tenure earning instructor or lecturer of Technical Communication. The position entails a 4/4 teaching load of both face-to-face and online courses. It is anticipated to begin in August 2016, pending the availability of funding.
Position Minimum Qualifications
M.A. in English, Technical Communication, or a related field from an accredited institution.
• A Ph.D. or ABD in English, Technical Communication, or a related field from an accredited institution.
• Candidates with three years of experience in teaching Technical Communication and/or a related field.
• Candidates with experience working with and teaching in both theory and applied technology. • Experience with teaching online.
• In addition to technical communication, prefer candidates with a strong interest in one or more of the following areas: data visualization, usability studies, information architecture, digital humanities, or technical illustration.
• Scholarly work in the area of technical or professional communication.
Additional Application Materials Required
The university requires that all applicants apply online at www.jobswithucf.com. In addition to the online application, please attach the following documents at the time of application: cover letter, curriculum vitae, and letters from three professional references. Selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts.
Note: Please have all documents ready when applying so they can be attached at that time. Once the online submission process is finalized, the system does not allow applicants to submit additional documents.
UCF is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.
The full posting for this position can be found at https://www.jobswithucf.com/postings/43642v.