CWPA Affiliate Organizations
The Council of Writing Program Administrators (CWPA) welcomes affiliate organizations whose members share CWPA’s interests and commitments. CWPA affiliates should represent a range of individuals and institutions that share some common element. For example, members might share a common region (e.g., Philadelphia Area WPA) or a common institutional mission or type (e.g., Jesuit WPA, whose members all teach at Jesuit institutions).
Once proposals for Affiliate status have been granted approval by CWPA, the members of the new group can enjoy assistance and support from CWPA.
For more information about the potential benefits of Affiliate status, please contact the WPA President.
CWPA Affiliates, Liaisons, and Service Areas
Here is the list of affiliates and (where available) contact information, as of September 17, 2016:
- Carolinas Writing Program Administrators (North/South Carolina): Tracy Morse (email@example.com)
- Florida Consortium of University Writing Programs (Florida university system): Alison Reynolds (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- High Mountain Affiliate of the CWPA (Idaho, Western and Central Montana, Eastern Washington, Eastern Oregon): Kate Ryan (Kathleen.Ryan3@msu.montana.edu)
- Independent Writing Department and Programs Affiliate of the CWPA (National coverage): Leslie Werden (email@example.com)
- Metropolitan WPA Affiliate (New York City, Long Island, Northern New Jersey, Southern Connecticut Tri-State Area): Mark McBeth (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Michigan Writing Program Administrators (Michigan)
- Mid-America Writing Program Administrators (Missouri and Southwestern Illinois)
- Northern California-Nevada Writing Program Affiliate (Bay Area, Northern California, and Nevada): Simone Billings (email@example.com)
- Philadelphia Writing Program Administrators (Philadelphia and Northwestern New Jersey): Kathryn Gindlesparger (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- WPA Australia (Australia and numerous coral reefs): Susan Thomas (email@example.com)
- WPA Midsouth (Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, Tennessee): Julie Barger (Julie.Barger@mtsu.edu) and Kate Pantelides (Kate.Pantelides@mtsu.edu)
- WPA Ohio (Ohio): Kay Halasek (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- WPA West (Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, Idaho): Duane Roen (email@example.com)