Teacher2Teacher at the Cs
Want to go to the Cs, but need a speaking role to get funding? We know that the end of the semester coupled with the stress of the holiday is a bad time for important deadlines, so we are extending our Call for Proposals to Friday, January 4, 2019.
Remember, presenting at T2T is a speaking role at the Cs and your name will appear on the program. Share your best teaching ideas and learn from others who care about the teaching of writing!
The 2019 Teacher to Teacher (T2T), a Saturday CCCC forum on teaching practices, provides anyone invested in writing pedagogy (full-time, post-doc, part-time, graduate, undergraduate, and aspiring educators) a dedicated space as part of the Convention to discuss teaching, exchange and brainstorm ideas for classroom practice, and receive mentoring from colleagues.
- Promote innovative writing pedagogies
- Share examples of effective writing projects (informal and formal)
- Network with colleagues across institutional homes and programs
- Build community with similarly interested colleagues
- Bridge the divide between college and high school writing teachers
- Learn from innovative writing educators teaching a wide range of student populations and who represent diverse institutional settings.
- Consider professional and instructor development ideas and strategies for adjuncts and GTAs
Possible Practice-based presentation topics include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assignment and Activities: research-focused informal and formal writing projects, digital projects, blending narrative, group work, reading, in-class work
- Lesson Plans: on structure, academic synthesis, metadiscourse, logic
- Classroom Management: growing participation and engagement, record keeping, knowing your students, responding to essays and projects, best practices in peer review
Discussion Tables: tables will be organized thematically with 5-7 minute presentations of the teaching idea/issue and handouts to share. Table leaders will facilitate discussion.
Registration: The forum is free to CCCC full convention registrants or Saturday registrants.
To submit a proposal visit our Web site: https://sites.google.com/udel.edu/teacher2teacher/
Submission Deadline EXTENDED 11:59 p.m., Friday, January 4, 2019
Presentation acceptances will be announced by Tuesday, January 15, 2019.
Notes: Presenters must register for the CCCC full convention (or Saturday-only) to present and have their names listed as a speaking role in the Convention book and on the T2T program.
Questions? Please feel encouraged to contact us: email@example.com or contact me off list.
Christine Cucciarre and Lee Nickoson