***Applications due Friday, June 12th. Please apply now (it's not that difficult!)The Writing Program Administrators Graduate Student Organization (WPA-GO) & the Council of Writing Program Administrators (CWPA) are pleased to offer several travel grants of $100-200 each to current graduate students presenting at or in association with the 2015 CWPA Conference to be held July 16-19 in Boise, Idaho. We’re interested in why you feel you deserve/need an award, what your goals are in attending/presenting at the conference, and if you are presenting, hearing a little about your presentation and how it contributes to the field of WPA work.
Eligibility & Special Considerations:
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be a current graduate student and member of CWPA; (For information about how to join CWPA, go to http://wpacouncil.org/join-renew.)
- Not have received a WPA-GO CCCC’s travel grant in the previous year;
Special consideration will be given to, when appropriate, first-time attendees and applicants in greatest need of financial support, as well as though who demonstrate a commitment to inclusiveness in writing courses, programs, and the profession.
Deadline, Submission Procedure, & Application Materials:
Travel grant applications are due by June 12, 2015. Applicants should email the following documents in a single PDF file attachment to email@example.com with the subject “2015 CWPA Travel Grant Application”:
1) Cover page with applicant’s name, institution, phone number, email, & 2015 presentation or workshop title. Indicate whether this is the first time you have attended CWPA, whether you have received a WPA- GO Travel Grant in the past, & whether you have received or expect to receive other sources of funding.
2) One-page letter of application explaining (a) your investment in writing program administration, (b) how your participation will impact your scholarly & professional development, & (c) how your presentation/facilitation contributes to the field of writing program administration. Do not include identifying information in your letter of application or your program abstract/proposal (e.g. your name, advisor, program, institution, etc.).
3) Copy of your 2015 proposal as submitted for acceptance. (If you are presenting/facilitating with a group, please be sure that you have indicated the portion of the proposal that represents your participation.)
Recipients will be notified by June 24. Email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.